Blog Archive

Monday, December 14, 2009

Dead man's profile

(A childhood friend of mine passed away last month. His 8 year long fight against Blood Cancer came to a halt on 12th November, 2009.

Today I was casually going about orkut, when I accidentally went to his profile. It sent a cold wave down my spine to feel that the profile I was visiting belongs (or is it "belonged"?) to a person who is there no more!

The next few lines are dedicated to Anirban Chanda, my friend since class 7).



His "About Me" is still there
He says he "loves to enjoy every moment
that comes in life---who knows kal ho na ho".
What did he mean when he wrote this?

Anirban, do you know I am visiting your profile?
Can you see my scrap?
Can you still read English alphabets?
Do you remember any of the languages?

I always wondered why your profile pic
Has Hrithik Roshan when you are such a big SRK fan
I always thought I would ask you
Do you think I was a bit too late?

I don't know what he thinks
I don't know whether he thinks at all
I guess I should stop thinking
And think beyond the thoughts.

1 comment:

Shreya said...

i went through a similar incident like this. the person i am referring to here went into a coma before he died. i checked his profile when he had passed away. scraps gulo biraat daag rekhe gechilo. pichoner scraps were from people who were wishing him well and praying that he should come out of the coma. aktar por akta porchi and bhabchi je this person is already gone and people wishing him well, taader lekha gulo shara jibon theke jabe. the last scraps to enter that profile were people wihshing him an afterlife..jani na bhishon odbhut legechilo. akjon likhechilo (probably his best friend)-'orre tui atodur chole geli, amar kotha ki akbaro mone pore na.' it was a very peculiar feeling.

Khoshra khatar jibon elomelo/ Badhano boi nai ba dekhte pelo

Jei baje chhonder tung-tang shobdo/ Dukkho ra sobbai akdom jobdo